The guides and information on Renting With Pets are not intended to be a substitute for legal advice, and Renting With Pets cannot offer consulting or arbitration for disputes with landlords. In these situations, we recommend that you contact a lawyer or relevant government body, such as the Department of Housing & Urban Development, or HUD.
See below for a list of legal and government resources for renters.
Assistance & Support Animals
- Office of Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity (FHEO): Assistance Animals
- File an FHEO Violation Complaint
Emergency Rental Assistance
- Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD): Rental Assistance
- Dept. of Treasury’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- National Low-Income Housing Coalition: Rental Assistance Programs by State
- USA.gov: Find Affordable Rental Housing